Sunday is when I sit back with a lovely cup of tea and write about all the wonderful new books I've received and purchased in the past week. This post participates in fab memes Showcase Sunday and Stacking the Shelves.
• 40 (free book in celebration of Canongate's 40th anniversary, order a copy here)
• Another Way to Fall by Amanda Brooke (review book)
• Going Back by Rachel English (competition win)
• My Husband Next Door by Catherine Alliott (competition win)
• The First Lie by Diane Chamberlain (competition win)
I have already finished Another Way to Fall by Amanda Brooke which, as expected, was an absolute tearjerker. Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful and magic novel as well but I did spent the last few chapters crying big fat ugly tears.
I've not had a chance yet to pick up the other books but I look forward to reading them! Especially Diane Chamberlain's The First Lie as it is a prequel to her latest release, Necessary Lies, which I thought was a poignant and powerful read.
Have you guys read any of the books showcased above yet? If so, what did you think?