Sunday is when I sit back with a lovely cup of tea and write about all the wonderful new books I've received and purchased in the past week. This post participates in fab memes Showcase Sunday and Stacking the Shelves.
• Alice Brown's Lessons in the Curious Art of Dating by Eleanor Prescott (purchase)
• An Enormously English Monsoon Wedding by Christina Jones (purchase)
• Ten Years On by Alice Peterson (purchase)
• The Chocolate Lovers' Diet by Carole Matthews (purchase)
• The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating by Carole Radziwill (review book)
• Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams by Jenny Colgan (purchase)
• Yesterday's Sun by Amanda Brooke (purchase)
Having just read and adored Another Way to Fall by Amanda Brooke I of course had to get her first novel as well. It's my next read and I cannot wait to start it. Alice Peterson, Carole Matthews and Jenny Colgan are amongst my favourite authors and these were books still missing from my respective collections so I quickly snapped them up when I saw them on offer in the shops. The other two books I purchased simply because both the titles sound fun and the covers looked pretty (I'm so superficial!).
The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating was an unsolicited review copy and while it initially screamed more 50 Shades to me than the type of fiction I generally enjoy the blurb makes it sound like a chick-lit so I'm willing to give it a try.
Have you guys read any of the books listed above yet? If so, what did you think